Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Comments for Kids 1,2 & 3

My first comment for kids post was for a girl named Kelsey on her blog: Kelsey's Blog. I posted on her most recent post about skating. She mentioned that she loved skating,and she is in a club and goes to skating competitions. She first put on skates when she was 2 years old! She lives in the Comox Valley which is on the east cost of vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

My second comment was on the blog of a girl named Flora who lives in Auckland, New Zealand and goes to Pt. England school. Her blog is Flora @ Pt England School but I commented on her post Netbook Day. It was a short simple blog about how the class had received netbooks and that they were excited but had to leave the devices to charge.

The third blog I commented on was by a bright student whose username was rm2011. His blog, The guy who bought a pickle for a fish and more. It was actually a very witty story about Sherlock Holmes' investigation of why his cousins goldfish could talk. After a lot of consideration and a little sleep loss he finally solves the mystery his cousin had set for him. I was very entertained and did not see the end coming at all. This student used great dialogue. the paragraph structure was a bit off but easily fixable.

The more I read and experience children's blogs the more interested i am in incorporating that into my classroom. From what I have seen thus far it seems to be an excellent learning tool when used properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment